I haven’t expressed my gratitudes in a bit, and I definitely am beginning to notice how easy it is to slip out of bliss mode without a gratitude practice.
So, back on the gratitude train we go! Here are my gratitudes for this week, so far.
1. Today was a beautiful day- the sun was shining, and I got out of the city for a few hours and spent some time sitting in my parents’ backyard. I’m not typically incredibly attuned to nature, but since starting my meditation practice, have been more mindful of our surroundings. My parents’ backyard looked so gorgeous today- lush, green, and budding. It was beautiful to see.
2. So many great new songs and sets this week! A few of my favorites:
- New Epic Radio
- Porter Robinson’s new song Sad Machine is anything but- euphoric and gorgeous. I can’t WAIT for his new album.
- NERO is back – and still dark, sultry, and heavy on the bass. Loving Satisfy.
3. My friends had a wonderful engagement party / housewarming last night, and there was so much love all around the room. I love being part of special moments like that. + we had a blast.
4. I did something today that I never thought I’d do – yoga in my apartment. Doesn’t sound too revolutionary, but there is something about the idea of doing yoga in your own apartment that always felt like it wouldn’t possibly feel like a good workout. It takes a lot for me to break my exercise “rules,” one of which is that exercise time has to be heavy on cardio and in a gym environment. So, I was proud to give myself permission to try something different. And it was great! The video that I did was rigorous and I really enjoyed it. And it helped me mix it up (I’d spent the past few days running on the treadmill and could feel my body needed a break) without having to plan around a class time. I’ve obviously only tried one service, but since I’ve been to their studios in real life, I feel like I can confidently vouch for My Yoga Works online.
5. NEW MAD MEN TONIGHT. Enough said.
6. Dating has been getting to be a lot more fun and a lot less stressful. My life coach put it best – approach dating like you just want to see [who the other person is] and be seen yourself. It’s really opened up my perspective and helped me to shut off the need to worry about “pleasing/perfecting” and whether or not he is interested in me. It’s much more about mutually understanding who the other person is and deciding if there could be something there.
7. I had a great week away for work last week, but it was also EXHAUSTING and I was really craving alone time by the end. I got to catch up on a lot of sleep this weekend, and also get some necessary ‘me time’ in.
On that note, it’s time for Mad Men!
Wishing you a blissful start to your week.